The Swift Building

Retail-Commercial for Lease
Catylist Listing ID: 30210000
Property Subtypes: Restaurant, Street Retail
Contiguous Space: 4,631 - 10,195 SF
Total Available: 9,863 SF
Building Size (RSF): 10,195 SF
Gross Building Area: See Agent
Gross Land Area: 25,299 SF
Lease Rate: $18 - 21 PSF (Annual)
Lease Types: NNN
Building Name: The Swift
Usable Size (USF): 10,195 SF
Last Updated: 8/24/2018

Overview / Comments

This new office opportunity is ideally located at the intersection of downtown and Historic North Knoxville, two blocks from new developments on Depot Ave and only four blocks from the Old City. Built in 1936 as a factory for Swift Ice Cream Company, the long dormant building is under new ownership. Exterior renovations began in January 2018 which include the re-opening of large exterior windows and a magnificent new entrance. Interior renovations are awaiting the new tenant and the Landlord will build to suit within limitations (see agent for more detail). The floor plan can be divided for two tenant’s. Occupancy of the space currently possible as soon as October/November of 2018.

Expand All 2 Spaces Available

Suite: Unit 101 4,631 SF $18 - 21 PSF (Annual) NNN
Suite: Unit 102 5,232 SF $18 - 21 PSF (Annual) NNN

Additional Details

Nearest MSA: Knoxville
County: Knox
Taxing Authority: City of Knoxville, Knox County
Tax ID/APN: 094DM021
Zoning: C-2
Retail Clientele: General
Property Visibility: Good
Airports: TYS
Area Description: The Emory Place Historic District is a historic district in Knoxville, Tennessee, United States, located just north of the city's downtown area. The district consists of several commercial, residential, religious, and public buildings that developed around a late nineteenth century train and trolley station. The district includes the Knoxville High School building, St. John's Lutheran Church, First Christian Church, and some of the few surviving row houses in Knoxville. The district was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1994.[1] Following railroad construction in the 1850s, Knoxville slowly expanded northward. In 1890, the "Dummy Line," a railroad line connecting Knoxville and Fountain City, was established, with what is now Emory Place as its southern terminus. A farmers' market and several small industrial and commercial firms developed adjacent to the train station to take advantage of the influx of customers and transportation advantages. While Emory Place declined with the dismantling of Knoxville's trolley system in the late 1940s, many of its late-nineteenth and early-twentieth century buildings still stand, and have been restored.
Tenancy: Multiple Tenants
Total Number of Buildings: 1
Number of Stories: 1
Year Built: 1936
Year Renovated: 2018
Roof Type: Flat
Parking Type: Surface
Parking Description: Some On-Site Parking is Available. See Agent for details.
Interior Description: Currently a shell space, pending complete renovation. Landlord will work with tenants needs.
Lot Frontage: 350
Lot Depth: 250
Water Service: Municipal
Sewer Type: Municipal

View FullscreenMap

Demographic Statistics

Proximity: 1 mile 3 miles 5 miles
Total Population: 12,468 87,853 156,794
Median Age: 29.9 32.3 35.12
Households: 5,482 35,792 66,907
© Copyright 2001-2018 Catylist. All Rights Reserved. The information presented herein is provided as is, without warranty of any kind. Neither Knoxville Area Association of REALTORS® nor Catylist Real Estate Software, Inc. assume any liability for errors or omissions.